Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 10: Pastries and Paintball

The tough Team Rojo
Today we were able to experience more of Vina del Mar. A small group of us woke up a little early and walked around and looked for breakfast. We stopped at a small pastry and bread shop and got delicious fresh bread and other deserts. My pastry was very similar to a honey cake, and was very tasty, although huge. After that we walked around and went into another little market-type tent area to look at all the other things they had. More scarves and jewelry and souvenirs. I'm planning on what else I need to get people, now that we have another place to go. Completely by accident, we ran into the rest of our group as we were walking to the beach. We all enjoyed the warmer weather and ocean and took pictures all together. After that we headed back and prepared for paintball. I had never played paintball but I thought it might be fun. We all had a good time, although the other team won all of the games. I certainly have to work on my aim, but everyone else was struggling so it was more of a free-for-all. But hey, randomness is also fun. After paintball we came back, cleaned off the paint and some of us went for Chinese food. We wanted to see how different Chilean Chinese food was from United States east coast Chinese food. Our waiter was from the United States so he helped us with the menu. It turns out their Chinese food is a bit different; they didn't have General Tso's chicken or even sweet and sour chicken. I got a dish the waiter liked the best and he said was close to sweet and sour chicken, but with pineapples. It was delicious. Tomorrow is our last day and we finally get to ride horses on the beach! I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment