Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 11: HORSES!!!

By far the best day of the trip and possibly ever. We rode horses for 3 hours. But we didn't just ride horses-- we rode horses EVERYWHERE: on the beach, on the sand dunes, in the woods, etc. I used to ride horses when I was little so I was very excited to do it again but I was mildly nervous. We all had an amazing time. Everything was sooo pretty. I tried taking a few pictures, but cameras wouldn't do it justice. From the beach we could see the rest of the city in the background, and on the sand dunes it was legitimately just windswept sand dunes. To be perfectly honest, if I saw everything in a picture or TV I would have thought it was Photoshopped. For the first 2 hours we mainly walked a bit and trotted. I remembered how to post/ ride somewhat correctly which was nice. Basically, it means my butt hurts a little less than most people's right now. For the last hour, we turned around and went back on the beach. Some of that time we got to gallop. That was amazing. I was a little nervous because I last time I went that fast it was by accident when a horse just sped off. The instructor told me the horse wanted to be with his friend, as if that was comforting that I almost fell of a galloping horse. Either way, it was sooo much fun to do that, no matter how nervous I might have been. I personally love the wind in my face for some weird reason and galloping on the beach did exactly that. When we got back to the barn we had a delicious lunch. They grilled us pork and steak and lots of other rices and salads. We literally ate like kings. We were sitting around the fire and I mentioned that it was the perfect time for a s'more and the women who hosted us went inside and grabbed some marshmallows! She had never heard of a s'more before and when we explained it she didn't seem to like the idea. Oh well, more for us =) We grabbed some oreo-type cookies and had a few make-shift s'mores to make the day complete. We hung around for a while, looked at the animals on the farm, and enjoyed our last full day in Chile. For dinner we went out to a pizza place (fancy pizza, not regular) with a lot of the Chilean students for one last hoorah. Everything was very delicious and I'm glad we were able to say goodbye to the Chilean students. We head home tomorrow and I'm so sad to leave everything and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment