Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 7: Free Day!



Today was a free day. I finally caught up on sleep (yay!) and ventured out for breakfast. We walked around the area by our hotel looking at all of the stores and restaurants. We realized how weird it was to see the people around the town in daylight because we are usually only in Vina del Mar at night. We found a little cafe, and I finally had some hot chocolate! My trip is now complete because I've now fueled my hot chocolate addiction internationally! It was a bit interesting because they kept coming over because they didn't have enough food. We ended up having 5 sandwiches for 6 people. Oops. After eating we walked around and aimed for the mall. There were many tents out selling things for Mother's Day. I bought some thing for my mom and dad, and some souvenirs for myself. We finally got to the mall. Its the biggest mall I've ever seen. We left pretty quickly because it was more American stores which we could have gone to when we go home. We dropped our stuff off back at the hotel and went for a walk by the beach. The beach was so nice and we took so many pictures. The Chileans thought we were entertaining posing for pictures by the freezing water. There were more stores so we decided to stop and look around again. Many of the stores were up because it was a Sunday which is very family-oriented and because it was Mother's Day. We headed back and got dressed up for dinner. Dinner was at this nice restaurant that was right along the shore. It was pretty funny when we realized we were eating there because we actually noticed how nice the restaurant was when we walked by it a few short hours ago.  Tierra de Fuego was so good. I got the house filet and it was muy delicioso! We all had a great time and head back for the night. Our last lecture is tomorrow and our last time at USM. This trip is going by so quickly I can't believe it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment